Size: 16.1 1/2 hh
Distance won over: 8f to 10f
From the same sire line that has produced leading stallions SEA THE STARS, GOLDEN HORN, SEA THE MOON and CRYSTAL OCEAN.
Group 3 winner & Group 1 placed
Timeform Rating of 118
- One of the hottest young stallions in Ireland
- Progeny have sold for up to x49 covering fee and averaged €40,500 (x27 covering fee) at the Goffs Land Rover Sale & Tattersalls Ireland Derby Sale
- Retired to stud in 2015, Jet Away had his first runners in 2020. BRANDY LOVE, GORDON’S JET, DREAMS OF HOME, OUR JET, JET PLANE, DOUBLE DECKER, COOL JET, SUPREME JET, RATHMAKNEE and DE LADY IN RED all impressive bumper winners
- Point-to-point winners include JET POWERED, JET OF DREAMS, TWINJETS and JOE’S TURN.
- Consistently upgrading his mares with his largest and best books to come
“Jet Away showed the most determination of any racehorse I have ever trained – if he hadn’t picked up an injury he would have, in my opinion, gone on to win multiple Group 1 races in Australia,” David Hayes, Hall of Fame Trainer
Jet Away retired to stud in 2015. His early crops hit the ground running and include… Rathmacknee (pictured), Dreams Of Home, De Lady In Red, Cool Jet, Supreme Jet, Jet Plane etc.
Progeny have sold for up to x49 covering fee and averaged €40,500 (x27 covering fee) at the Goffs Land Rover Sale and Tattersalls Ireland Derby Sale.
Jet Away’s Graded placed daughter Brandy Love.
Jet Away’s biggest and best books are yet to come. Mares covered include Gr 1 winner LAURINA (pictured), Gr 1 winner and Gr 1 producer ASKANNA (dam of MINELLA COCOONER), AVENGING ANGEL (dam of EMITOM), Gr 2 winner DAISY’S GIFT, MOLLY DUFFY (dam of Gr 1 winner FURY ROAD) and ALL RISK FOR LOVE (half-sister to TEAHUPOO)….